20 December 2008

it's snowing already. we are under a winter storm watch. and yes, i am obsessed with the weather. these few darkest weeks of winter really are difficult. that might sound overly dramatic to those who love winter, or who do not live in minnesota, or have completely stable emotions. the darkness and the cold really do get to me. they trick me. i start functioning in survival mode. i start to think i am a terrible person. i don't mean to be a downer, just honest. i realize this is my third weather-related post in a row, but that is actually what is going on in my life. i have not decorated for christmas. i have not yet made all the presents i want to make. but that is okay. in a few days i will be home with family and we will have christmas and it will be lovely.
also, i have made a wonderful discovery of late. or rather, a friend shared her wonderful discovery with me: the big book of soft toys by mabs (!!) tyler. published in 1973, this woman is the great aunt of the likes of joelle hoverson and amy butler. the pictures are amazing, the colors so vivid. i managed to find my own copy online, and it is en route to my house! here are a few of my favorite pages:



No comments:

Post a Comment